Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week One Reading

From the beginning of the reading I could plainly see that it's purpose was to show it's readers that a first draft doesn't have to be perfect. It worked for a few seconds because the author immediately introduced a novel idea that I'm sure at least most people can relate to. I understand wanting a short assignment but the new part is that a bad beginning can be a good thing. Now that sounds like a great idea, and apparently it's true and I know that because I feel I can trust the author. She's relating to me and using interesting images and a little bit of humor, so I decide to give her a chance. All of a sudden, though, the only thing that stands out to me is the fact that I don't care about how good of a writer I am if I'm going to have as hard a time as the writers she's talking about, but even that doesn't make me want to stop reading. The author is so open and relatable, and even random, that I hear her out for a little longer. I realize that maybe it could be fun and even beneficial to let my first drafts be crazy and just not good. Fun, just like the reading itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment