Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 8 Reading (Thinking Like a Mountain)

I absolutely love the beginning of this reading!! The imagery just draws me in so well and that coupled with the fact that the author gave huge hints caused me to think I might know what the sound is but keep second guessing myself. That made me even more interested and surprised hen the author revealed the sound was a wolf. The fact that I couldn't quite figure out what the sound was but knew there was something meaningful behind the descriptions helped me relate to the notion of knowing there's some "hidden meaning" behind a wolf's howl that people can't really grasp. The emotion and tone really drives this reading and facilitates the transition to the author actually mentioning his point so that by the end when he practically calls people inhuman by differentiating them from men, it isn't taken as an insult but as a wake-up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment